Portland Christmas Ships by Flickr user pdxsean
One of Portland’s favorite holiday events, the Christmas Ships Parade, starts its 60th season December 5 and runs through December 21.
The Christmas Ship Parade will open their 60th season on Friday, December 5th, in a combined fleet cruise down the Columbia River’s North Portland Harbor, this being an up-close and personal cruise in close proximity to the floating homes and marinas that line the inside of Hayden Island. The following night, the combined fleet will head upriver to the Port of Camas/Washougal for their annual cruise to the Mouth of the Gorge. For the next 14 days, the fleets will mix combined fleet and separate cruises on the lower Columbia and Willamette Rivers, culminating with a grand finale on the Willamette River on December 21st.
The boats, 14 to 65 feet long, are brightly decorated for the holiday season. The ships draw thousands of residents each night to the banks of the rivers for their performances. Up to 60 holiday boats are expected to make up the two fleets.
More info on the Portland Christmas Ships Parade + Schedule, More Pictures, & Videos on PDX Pipeline here.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff
Related Portland Events & Info
- Portland Holidays: Portland Holiday Events, Bazaars, Shopping, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Local Markets
- Holiday Market: Holiday Artisan & Wine Market @ Hip Chicks Do Wine | Local Gifts, Samples, Discounts & Specials (Dec 13-14)
- Beer: Holiday Ale Festival @ Pioneer Courthouse Square | Four Dozen Rare Winter Beers, 15,000+ Attendees, Heated Tents (Dec 3-7)
- Portland New Years: Portland New Years Parties, Events, Information and Pictures
- Seattle: Seattle Christmas Ship Festival Pictures & 2014 Info: Schedule, Bonfires, Where to Watch, & More (more info)
Our Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here